Friday, March 27, 2015

Devotion: To See God, Look At Jesus


Recently we talked about God raising up a prophet from among the Israelites saying, “I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him” (Deuteronomy 18:18).  This prophet that God raised up would later tell us that he has not spoken of his own authority but on the authority of the Father who has sent him and that he speaks all that the Father has commanded him to say (John 12:49-50).

We found that knowing this prophet, “the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth of Galilee” (Matthew 21:11), would enable us to also know God.  According to scripture, the prophet tells us that he can do nothing of himself, not one thing in relation to himself, but does only what he sees the Father doing and that he does everything in the same manner in which the Father does because it is the Father who shows or reveals to him all these things that he himself, the Father does (John 5:19-20).

With all that said, there is still one interesting point that is seldom mentioned in our efforts to know God.  Scripture tells us that “God was actually in Jesus Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” and that it was God who gave us “the wonderful message of reconciliation” (II Corinthians 5:19).  This passage really does give a completely new meaning to these words spoken by Jesus, “Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?  The words I say are not my own but are from my Father who lives in me.  And he does his work through me” (John 14:10 TLB).

So, if you really want to know God, then all you have to do is to look at this prophet that he raised up because it is through him that you can truly know and see the Father.

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him” (John 14:6-7).

We pray that this commentary will bless you, inform you, and that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by this message please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment