Monday, August 3, 2015

Devotion: Overcome That Problem You Face


Jesus tells us that we “will have troubles in this world,” but we are to “take heart” because he has “overcome the world” (John 16:33).  He tells us that he has overcome all of the ills of this world.  I declare I am full of power, that I am full of strength, and that I am full of determination for I am “more than a conqueror through him who loved me” (Romans 8:37-39).

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.  If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own.  As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.  That is why the world hates you.  Remember what I told you: A servant is not greater than his master.  If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also.  If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.  They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.  If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.  Whoever hates me hates my Father as well.  If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin.  As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father.  But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: they hated me without reason” (John 15:18-25 NIV).

“In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.  But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus” (II Timothy 3:12-15 NIV).

“As it is written: For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:36-39 NIV).  “You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved” (Matthew 10:22 NIV).  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world” (John 16:33 NIV).

“God’s love surrounds me much more than I can imagine, for God is always with me, even though it may not always seem so.  No matter what may come my way, God always helps to see me through it.  I know God has a special plan just for me.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails” (I Corinthians 13:6-8 NIV).

“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them who are in any trouble (tribulation), by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted of God” (II Corinthians 1:3-4).

“What shall we then say to these things?  If God be for us, who can be against us?  He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things” (Romans 8:31-32)?

Though I may have troubles in this world, I will take heart because I know two things for sure.  I know that Jesus has overcome the world and that God be for me.  Therefore, I will declare that I am full of power, that I am full of strength, and that I am full of determination because I know that I am more than a conqueror through him who loved me.

As always, we pray that our inspirational message will abundantly bless you, greatly inform you, and that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by this message, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment