Sunday, November 15, 2015

Devotion: Your Every Hair Is Numbered


“O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.  You know when I sit or stand.  When far away you know my every thought.  You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest.  Every moment you know where I am.  You know what I am going to say before I even say it.  You both precede and follow me and place your hand of blessing on my head.  This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe!  I can never be lost to your Spirit!  I can never get away from my God!  If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there.  If I ride the morning winds to the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, your strength will support me.  If I try to hide in the darkness, the night becomes light around me.  For even darkness cannot hide from God; to you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are both alike to you” (Psalm 139 1-12 TLB).

God knows everything there is to know about you.  He knows your name.  He knows your every thought.  He sees each and every tear that falls from your eyes.  He hears you when you call to him.  He knows to where you go and from where you come.  He is there whenever you go and whenever you return.  God even knows the number of hairs that you have on your head (Matthew 10:30).  Man is very important to God.

“When I look up into the night skies and see the work of your fingers—the moon and the stars you have made—I cannot understand how you can bother with mere puny man, to pay any attention to him!  And yet you have made him only a little lower than the angels (only a little lower than God) and placed a crown of glory and honor upon his head.  You have put him in charge of everything you made; everything is put under his authority: all sheep and oxen, and wild animals too, the birds and fish, and all the life in the sea” (Psalm 8:3-8 TLB).

David, when he looked at the night skies, saw the creative works of God.  It made him wonder how such an awesome God could want to bother with and pay attention to “mere puny man.”  But, to God, man is very important.  To God, we are important.  To God, you are important.  Man was created in the image and after the likeness of God.  Man was actually created a little lower than God himself.  Man was created above the angels and placed in charge of everything that God had made.  Everything, the entire creation was place under man’s authority.  Man is very important to God.

“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit them together in my mother’s womb.  Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!  It is amazing to think about.  Your workmanship is marvelous—and how well I know it.  You were there while I was being formed in utter seclusion!  You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe.  Every day was recorded in your book!  How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly!  I can’t even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me.  And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me” (Psalm 139:13-18 TLB)!

David would go on to recognize that it was God who had made him this wonderfully complex individual, woven together from the very beginning of his existence in the womb of his mother.  David credits God with forming and knitting together all of the delicate inner parts of his body, resulting in what he calls “marvelous workmanship.”  However, the most revealing of David’s revelations is the fact that God’s thoughts continually turn toward him, so much so that he finds it impossible to keep up a daily count.  Man is very important to God.

Man has been and will continue to be very important to God.  He knows everything there is to know about you, from the time of you birth through the time of your death before.  He knows your every thought.  He see severy tear.  He hears your every call.  He is there whenever you go and whenever you return.  God even knows the number of hairs that you have on your head.  How awesome is that!  Man is very important to God.  You are very important to God.

As always, we pray that our inspirational message will be a blessing to you, that it will greatly inform you, and that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by this message, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment