Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Devotion: Divorce


What if we told you God was married?  As you read the scriptures, you will find,

“Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt (wing) over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea I sware (swore an oath) unto thee, and entered into covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.  Then washed I thee with water; yea, I thoroughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.  I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.  I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.  And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.  Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.  And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God” (Ezekiel 16:8-14).

Some of you have been blessed and have received a new revelation from the passage.  Some of you are trying to figure out who it is that God entered into a marriage covenant with.  Some of you have a totally different interpretation of the passage and have not received the same revelation.  Some of you are still in denial even after you have been presented with the biblical proof, still saying, “I don’t believe this.”  For many of you, it would do no good for us to tell you that God was also divorced.  As you read these scriptures, you will see,

“The Lord said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done?  she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.  And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me.  But she returned not.  And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.  And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill (certificate) of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also” (Jeremiah 3:6-8).

While this is not in any way a traditional marriage, when God entered into covenant with Israel, he considered it worthy to be called a marriage and he treated it as such.  Now for you who are still trying to accept the fact that God was married note this; you can only give “a bill (certificate) of divorce” to someone that you were married to.  For those who have an ear to hear, the fact that God was married and divorced may open a whole new level of exploration as you seek spiritual truth and the revelation knowledge hidden in God’s word.  Please bear in mind that we do not point these passages out to advocate for or against divorce, for this is neither our intent nor our purpose.  We know this commentary does not contain any definitive answers.  However, seeing that things, as they pertain to God and his ways, are not always how we understand them to be and not always as we have been led to believe, this just might cause you to revisit the “marriage-divorce thing” that is debated in many religious circles today.

We forever pray that this inspirational message will abundantly bless you, greatly inform you, and that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by this message, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW



No comments:

Post a Comment