Sunday, November 22, 2015

Devotion: Rejoice In The Lord Always


Rejoice in the Lord always.  Even though the fig trees are all destroyed, and there is neither blossom left nor fruit; though the olive crops all fail, and the fields lie barren; even if the flocks die in the fields and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation.  The Lord God is my strength; he will give me the speed of a deer and bring me safely over the mountains (Habakkuk 3:17-18 TLB).  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near (Philippians 4:4-5 NIV).  The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.  He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him (Exodus 15:2 NIV).  I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God.  For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.  For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations (Isaiah 61:10-11 NIV).  I will rejoice in the Lord and I will be joyful in God my Savior.

But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice (Psalm 68:3).  Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite (Psalm 147:5).  Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart (Psalm 32:11).  Thy way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God (Psalm 77:13)?  The righteous shall be glad in the Lord, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall glory (Psalm 64:10).  Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely (beautiful) for the upright (Psalm 33:1).  Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness (Psalm 48:1).  Rejoice in the Lord, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness (Psalm 97:12).  Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified (Psalm 70:4).

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy (I Peter 4:13).  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me (John 14:1).  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world (John 16:33).  So, my dear brothers, since future victory is sure, be strong and steady, always abounding in the Lord’s work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever wasted as it would be if there were no resurrection (I Corinthians 15:58 TLB).  Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior (Habakkuk 3:18).  Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your moderation be known unto all men.  The Lord is at hand (Philippians 4:4-5).  May all who come to you be glad and joyful.  May all who are thankful for your salvation always say, “How great is the Lord” (Psalm 40:16 GNT)!

Today’s inspirational message just might give you a new perspective on what it means to “rejoice in the Lord always.”  We pray that this message will bless you, inform you, and that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by this message, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment