Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Devotion: When To Rejoice


It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High (Psalm 92:1).  I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvelous works.  I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High (Psalm 9:1-2).  Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.  Praise the Lord with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.  Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise (Psalm 3:1-3).  It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.

I will also praise thee with the psaltery, even thy truth, O my God: unto thee will I sing with the harp, O thou Holy One of Israel.  My lips shall greatly rejoice when I sing unto thee; and my soul, which thou hast redeemed.  My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long: for they are confounded, for they are brought unto shame, that seek my hurt (Psalm 71:22-24).  Praise ye the Lord.  Praise ye the name of the Lord; praise him, O ye servants of the Lord.  Ye that stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God, Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant (Psalm 132:1-3).  Praise ye the Lord: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely (Psalm 147:1).  It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise (Psalm 98:4).  It is good to say thank you to the Lord, to sing praises to the God who is above all gods.  Every morning tell him, “Thank you for your kindness,” and every evening rejoice in all his faithfulness.  Sing his praises, accompanied by music from the harp and lute and lyre.  You have done so much for me, O Lord.  No wonder I am glad!  I sing for joy (Psalm 92 1-15 TLB)!  Hallelujah!  Yes, praise the Lord!  Praise him in his Temple and in the heavens he made with mighty power.  Praise him for his mighty works.  Praise his unequaled greatness.  Praise him with the trumpet and with lute and harp.  Praise him with the drums and dancing.  Praise him with stringed instruments and horns.  Praise him with the cymbals, yes, loud clanging cymbals.  Let everything alive give praises to the Lord!  You praise him!  Hallelujah (Psalm 150:1-6 TLB)!  It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.  Let your moderation be known unto all men.  The Lord is at hand.  Be careful (anxious) for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep (guard) your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:4-7).  It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.  Amen and Amen.

We again give thanks to God for this avenue that he has given us to share his word through this inspirational message.  We continually pray that God’s grace will be upon you and that these devotionals will be a blessing to you.  If you are blessed by them, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Blessings.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment