Sunday, May 30, 2021

Devotion: God Encourages


In our discussion about “The Characteristics of God, his nature, his character, and his personality,” we mentioned “there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts” (II Chronicles 19:7), “God changes not” (Malachi 3:6), and “it is impossible for God to lie” (Hebrews 6:18) as three traits that God had chosen to be part of “his nature, his character, and his personality.”  As part of our discussion, we mentioned that we were able to sum up God as “a god of integrity.”  We also mentioned that the reason God chose to be “the One of integrity” was so that his children would recognize him over all others.  However, today we want to add yet one more thing to our list of things that makes our God “a god of integrity.”  Did you know that God is “a source of encouragement” to his children?

“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations” (Deuteronomy 7:9 ESV).  “It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed” (Deuteronomy 31:8 ESV).  “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1 NIV).  “The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:9-10 ESV).

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you” (Psalm 32:8 ESV).  “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10 NIV).  “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall” (Psalm 55:22 NIV).  “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (I Peter 5:7 NIV).  “You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3 NIV).

“The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation” (Psalm 118:14 NIV)!  “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid” (Psalm 27:1 NKJV)?  “I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me” (Psalm 120:1 NIV).  “I have set the Lord always before me.  Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken” (Psalm 16:8 NIV).  “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.  Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God” (Psalm 119:114-115 NIV)!

God is faithful.  God keeps his promises and loves steadfast with those who love him, keeps his commandments, and seeks him.  God is forever with us, keeping his eye on us.  God is our refuge, our strength, our shield, and an ever-present help for us.  God is our stronghold in our time of need and in our time of trouble.  God is our light, our song, and our salvation.  As we cast our cares upon him, he will sustain us.  God will give council and instruction as he teaches us in the way that we should go.  God is always with us and he will keep us in perfect peace if we keep on minds stayed on him.  God will never let his righteous fall but will uphold us with his righteous right hand.  God will never forsake us.  When we call on God in our times of distress, he will answer.  If we set God before us always, we will not be shaken, because he will be at our right hand.  We need to put our hope in the word of God and keep his commands, because God truly does care for us and he is “our source of encouragement.”

May today’s inspirational message abundantly bless you and greatly inform you.  We pray that you will be the better for having read it.  If blessed by today’s message, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment