Sunday, January 10, 2021

Devotion: Thank You!


Dear God,

I praise you!  I worship you!  I thank you!

I woke up today and I am healthy.  I have a roof above me and a floor beneath me.  I have food on my table and a great place to sleep.  I have shoes on my feet and clothes on my back.  You have granted me another beautiful day to see and hear the goodness you have left here for us.  Thank you.

I have family and friends who love me.  I have people around me who make life more meaningful.  You continually cover my family and me with your blessings.  Each day, you give me courage, strength, clarity and you remove all my fears.  I know you are bigger than all of my problems.  Thank you.

I know that I am not perfect.  I forget to praise you, to worship you, the give you thanks.  There have even been times when I have questioned my faith but your love never fails.  You are continually working things out for me, even when I don’t feel it.  You love me unconditionally and you bless me with that same unconditionalness.  Thank you.

You have forgiven me and cleansed me.  You have granted me grace, mercy, and forgiveness.  You have arranged for all of my debts to be paid through the sacrifice Jesus made on the cross for my sins.  You give me the strength and power to extend that same grace, that same mercy, and that same forgiveness to those in my life who have hurt me.  Thank you.

Scripture tells us that everything that has breath is to praise you Lord.  I am thankful for you Lord God, for there is always something to give praise to you.  I praise you!  I worship you!  I thank you!

In Jesus name, we lift this prayer of thanksgiving to you,
Amen and Amen.

If this prayer has blessed you, please share so that others may be blessed as well.  Amen.

Enjoy your blessings - KW

No comments:

Post a Comment